About the visit
Join us at Bewdley Museum as we take an in-depth look at the River Severn. Through practical activities and walks around the town of Bewdley, pupils will find out about its history and geography, including the effects of flooding .
- Setting the Scene
- Features of Rivers
- Flooding – impacts and defences
- Riverside walk
- Coracle making
- Rope making
- Clay pipe making
- Artefact handling
- And more
Key stage 2
- Human geography including types of settlement and land use economic activity including trade links.
- Physical geography of rivers.
- Learning sessions at Bewdley Museum
- Activity sheets and other resources
- Private room for the whole day
Booking arrangements, costs and availability
Available all year round
Cost £7.50 per pupil, accompanying adults are free of charge.
Maximum of one school class