Look Out it's a Blackout
About the visit
Join us at Bewdley Museum as we take an in-depth look at what it was like during World War II, with the help of museum staff and volunteers.
Find out what it felt like to be an evacuee, learn about preparations for war and visit a genuine World War II Air Raid Shelter located in the museum grounds.
- Setting the scene and pre-war
- Home Guard and Civil Defence
- ARP Wardens
- The Blackout
- Everyday life during the war
- Wartime games
- And more…
Key Stage 2
- a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological
knowledge beyond 1066
- events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally
- Learning sessions at Bewdley Museum
- All resources
- Private room for the whole day
Booking arrangements, costs and availability
Available all year round
Cost £7.50 per pupil; accompanying adults are free of charge.
Maximum of one school class