Bewdley Museum is a popular tourist attraction set in 18th Century surroundings and provides a fascinating insight into the growth and trades of the town and the lives of its people. Explore the old Butcher’s Shambles, Brass Foundry, Saw Yard and Town Jails. Go underground in the World War II Air Raid Shelter. Learn about the rich history of the town and the Wyre Forest area through imaginative and interactive displays, workshops and special events. Traditional crafts are brought to life through daily demonstrations. The service promotes intellectual and cultural access to the Museum and its collections. The service offers an interesting and exciting education programme which includes a wide range of curricular based activities and resources for schools, the majority of which can be adapted for Special Needs and Gifted and Talented groups.
The section maximises opportunities by accessing external funding, partnership working, regeneration and working closely with the Friends of Bewdley Museum. The Museum holds full accreditation.
The Museum is open daily to visitors between March and October and on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in November and December.
Admission is FREE
Management and Development:
- To achieve a sound management and financial base to enable growth and development
- To maximise opportunities for external funding and regeneration
- To preserve and develop the fabric of the Museum buildings as a central and heritage focus for the local community and Wyre Forest district and beyond.
- To maintain free admission and provide a quality visitor experience
- To work closely with the Friends of Bewdley Museum and support the voluntary sector.
- A commitment to consultation with users to ensure that future developments and changes take account of their needs and interests.
- We welcome suggestions and feedback. Please send any comments to email@example.com
- To work in partnership with local organisations and groups to develop and achieve projects.
Collections Management and Exhibitions:
- Hold full accreditation and maintain nationally agreed standards for the documentation and care of the collection.
- We conserve and collect materials relating to the social and industrial history of the Wyre Forest area.
- An assurance that collections, including donated items are held in trust for society.
- A programme of in house temporary exhibitions.
- Local history enquiries by appointment (Wednesdays) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Craft Studios, Workshops and Courses:
- Facilitate our Residence Craftspeople working in their studios, creating unique hand crafted items, reviving and sustaining traditional crafts, as well as fostering contemporary creative industries.
- A wide range of workshops and activities for all ages. Quick taster sessions, one day courses available and longer
- Daily demonstration programme of local crafts.
- Summer Programme of events and activities for children.
Special Events Programme:
- A programme of special events, linking with the local calendar and regional and national celebrations to meet social and heritage objectives.
- Promote cultural diversity through events, activities and festivals
- To provide a quality and enjoyable visitor experience encouraging repeat visits throughout the season.
- Offer a varied programme of opportunities that encourages participation across all ages and abilities.
- Let pupils experience the essential skills for leaning and life through our cross curricular educations programme.
- Encourage creative, reasoning and thinking abilities with hands-on activities and exciting experiences
- Fire imagination through our Living History programmes
- Help pupils to enjoy learning, make progress, achieve and become successful.
- Provide Outreach sessions
- Education Officers available for school assemblies
- Resource materials and loan boxes available for use in the classroom,
- Equality and diversity a priority
- Follow good practise guidelines as detailed in WF Safeguarding Children Policy
- Employees trained in Health and Safety to deal with hazards and incidents which may occur
- The site and all activities are fully risk assessed.
|Admission to the site
|School parties see Educational Visits
|Hire of Education Room
|Hire of Wyre Forest Gallery (5 weeks)
|Hire of Guildhall
||Price On Application